Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Serves: 6 servings
The key to a great mason jar salad? Putting it together correctly! The dressing should always go in first to prevent the salad from getting soggy. Add any grains or proteins next to protect more delicate ingredients (like the lettuce) from getting wet. Add any nuts, cheeses, raisins etc. next, followed by the lettuce you’re using! You can turn it upside down into a large bowl to serve.
- 7-10 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 -2 tbsp poppy seed
- In a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients:vegetable oil, balsamic vinegar, white sugar, paprika and poppy seed. Start with ¼ cup sugar and adding in more to taste.
- In a large bowl toss the spinach with the strawberries and toasted almonds.
- Pour dressing over spinach.
- Sprinkle the feta over the top of salad.