Kale and Apple Salad
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, leaves very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dates
- 1 Honeycrisp apple
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 oz. Pecorino cheese, finely grated (1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and ¼ tsp salt in a large bowl. Add the kale, toss to coat and let stand 10 minutes.
- While the kale stands, cut the dates into thin slivers and the apple into thin matchsticks.
- Add the dates, apples, almonds and cheese to the kale.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss well.