Chopped Black Bean and Corn Salad
Serves: 5 servings
The key to a great mason jar salad? Putting it together correctly! The dressing should always go in first to prevent the salad from getting soggy. Add any grains or proteins next to protect more delicate ingredients (like the lettuce) from getting wet. Add any nuts, cheeses, raisins etc. next, followed by the lettuce you’re using! You can turn it upside down into a large bowl to serve.
- 5 wide mouth quart size mason jars
- 1 ¼ cup salsa (try our apple salsa from the farm market!)
- 6 oz. container plain greek yogurt
- 1 qt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz. package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 5 oz. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4-5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup or more chopped cilantro
- In each of the mason jars pour ¼ cup of salsa.
- Then divide the greek yogurt evenly among the jars. This will equal about 1 ½ tbsp of greek yogurt per jar.
- Next divide and layer the rest of the ingredients evenly between the 5 mason jars starting with tomatoes then following with onions, black beans, corn, avocado, cheese, and ending with romaine and cilantro.
- These can be made and stored up to five days ahead of time.