Serves: 10 servings
Fruit salsas are the highlight of any summer barbecue! Sweet, savory and fresh.
- ½ small watermelon, diced
- 1 large mango, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Slice one small watermelon in half lengthwise. Trim a little off of the rounded edge of the watermelon, so it sits up like a bowl without rolling around. Use a spoon to scoop out the watermelon flesh of one half—being careful not to scoop all the way through the trimmed bottom—forming a bowl with the watermelon rind. Dice the watermelon into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour the diced watermelon, mango, onion, jalapeno, lime juice, lime zest, salt and cilantro into a large mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
- Spoon the salsa into the watermelon bowl. The salsa tastes better as the flavors sit, so if you can, refrigerate this for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips or any of your other favorite dipping foods!