Serves: 12 muffins
This muffins are truly tender and delicious! The down side is you really have to make these the day you bake them. Because fresh picked strawberries have a lot of moisture in them and the muffins are so moist, they do not keep well. Another type can also be substituted for strawberries in this recipe.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups chopped VonThun Farms fresh strawberries
- 3 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture. Add vanilla. Gently stir in strawberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 400º for 20-25 minutes. Makes one dozen muffins.