Field trips are available at our South Brunswick, NJ location only,
as there are no field trips currently scheduled for the Washington, NJ farm.
We are now booking both Fall 2017 & Spring 2018 field trips!
Fall field trips are being scheduled September 20 through Halloween
Education is FUN at VonThun Farms!
Agriculture is such an important part of life-yet most people don’t know much about where our food comes from or how food and fibers are produced. There’s lots of people who have never stepped foot on a farm or seen farm livestock up close. Our goal at VonThun Farms is to educate students on farming and agriculture in an exciting, hands-on way! Our 70-acre classroom makes learning about food and where it comes from FUN!
- Registering for you tour is easier than ever-register online!
- All teachers are free with school ID
- Tour reservations should be made well in advance, as many of our most popular times fill quickly.
- Accommodations are available for both small and large groups.
- Although our picnic areas are available for groups to bring a snack or bagged lunch, reservations are needed.
- Fall tours take approximately an hour.
- Spring tours are slightly over an hour.
- To lengthen your stay at the farm, consider adding one of our additional packages to your basic tour. All activity packages require an additional fee.
- Call our farm office for additional tour information: 732-329-8656
Our ‘Traditional Farm Tour’ provides the foundation for all tours, and includes:
- A tractor drawn hayride around our 70-acre working farm.
- A series of educational talks about the farm and the crops currently growing in the fields.
- Meeting our friendly farm animals and learning all about each of them.
- Spending time in our Ag Center – an interactive barn for students to explore and learn about agriculture.
- Each student, teacher and chaperone receive a refrigerator magnet and farm coloring book.
- Viewing our observational bee hive to learn about bees and how they make honey.
- Spring tours include a greenhouse tour and include a plant to take home.
- Fall tours include a hayride to the pumpkin patch where students pick a sugar pumpkin to take home.